Bix®Form HiMOD is another proprietary thermoplastic compound formulated by Bixby that is extruded and sold as film and sheet products. Sheets of BixForm HiMOD can be heated at low temperatures in hot air or hot tap water, and formed by hand to any shape, and feel like clay. After forming, the product cools quickly into a rigid polymer with the stiffness of a reinforced engineering polymer.
BixForm HiMOD, like BixForm BX, can be made with any surface finish (i.e., glossy, matte, embossed) or laminated with fabric, felt, foam, adhesive or other substrate on one or both sides to give additional aesthetic appeal or functionality.
BixForm HiMOD is processed at widths up to 72" wide and in any gauge, from only a few mils thick to over 200 mils thick. The resin also can be formulated in any color or with common polymer aesthetic effects. Once formed, BixForm HiMOD has a modulus of 500,000 psi, similar to many reinforced engineering polymers.
- Low-Temp Formable in Hot Air from Blow Dryer or Hot Tap Water
- 500,000 psi Flexural Modulus – The Stiffness of Reinforced Polymers with Low-Temp Forming Ability
- Produced in Any Color or Polymer Aesthetic
- Laminated In Process at Bixby with Any Roll-Good Substrate (i.e., films, fabrics, foams, adhesives, etc.)
- Laminated with Other Polymer Substrates (i.e., elastomers for “soft touch”)
- Sheets Extruded in Thicknesses from 0.004" to over 0.200" and Any Width up to 72" Wide