Responsible for on-line quality inspection and packaging of finished products and to assist with the set-up and start-up of extrusion lines.
JOB TITLE: Stacker
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
LOCATION: Manufacturing Floor
SALARY GRADE/LEVEL/RANGE: Hourly
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: Responsible for on-line quality inspection and packaging of finished products and to assist with the set-up and start-up of extrusion lines.
- Plan and perform duties of inspecting, counting and packaging extruded products to prescribed specifications.
- Work from schedules, standard set up procedures, job orders, standard operating procedures and written or verbal instructions from supervisors, machine operators or management.
- Move materials as required or directed using hand equipment, powered fork trucks or hoists.
- Participate in machine set up which includes disassembling, cleaning and reassembling of equipment using standard procedures and correct tools. Ensure parts are clean, correctly assembled, and all bolts properly torqued.
- Participate in machine start-up, assisting operator as required.
- Stacking duties for sheeted product include visual inspection of the product, sorting out material not meeting specification and maintaining accurate sheet count.
- Stacking duties for rolled products include the proper set-up and operation of the winding equipment, visual inspection of the product, tagging of material that does not meet specification and maintaining accurate yardage information.
- Immediately notify machine operator of product quality problems or unusual conditions.
- Sort, identify, and label material for further downstream processing such as grinding, palletizing, and converting.
- Complete all necessary production paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Obligated to work safely in a manufacturing environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) plus decimals, fractions, and percentages.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to noise
- Occasionally exposed to dust
- Occasionally exposed to high-temperature equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 lbs.
- Prolonged standing or sitting while performing job function
- Repeated bending and twisting when stacking sheets
- Regular cleaning and disassembling of equipment may require kneeling and working in awkward positions.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: Full Time, 1st, 2nd, 3rd shifts, Monday thru Friday, some weekends are required. Overtime can be expected.
TRAVEL: No travel is expected for this position.
EDUCATION: High school education or equivalent preferred; however, a combination of equivalent formal education and manufacturing experience is acceptable
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one-year manufacturing experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Bixby International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.